Jian-Yi Sun, PhD
Professor of Animal Nutrition and Feed Sciences
Feed Science Institute
P. R. CHINA
Telephone: +86 571 8698 6730
Fax: +86 571 8699 4963
2. Gene and enzyme Engineering
3. Animal Molecular Nutrition
4. Exploitation and utilization of feed resources
Honors and Awards
1. National Second Grade Awards of Scientific Achievements, National Government , 2002
2. National Second Grade Awards of Scientific Achievements, National Government , 2000
3. Second Grade Awards of Scientific Achievements,
4. University Key Teacher??Foundation by the Ministry of Education, China, 2000
5. Excellent Youth Teacher Prize,
6. First Grade Awards of Scientific Achievements,
7. Third Grade Awards of Scientific Achievements,
8. First Grade Awards of Scientific Achievements,
1. Expression of a thermostable xylanase hybrid gene and xylanase stability, funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (2005-2007)
2. Studies on high level enzymes and the application in feed industry, funded by the Bureau of Science and Technology of Hangzhou, Zhejiang (2002-2004)
3. Construction and industrialization of high level expression gene engineering strains for xylanase and beta-glucanase, funded by the Bureau of Science and Technology of Jiaxing,
4. Construction and expression of beta-1,3-1,4-glucanase hybrid gene, Supported by Foundation for University Key Teacher by the Ministry of Education,
5. Improvement of meat quality by regulation nutritional related gene expression, funded by the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Sciences Foundation ,
6. Construction and expression of thermostability beta-1,3-1,4glucanase hybrid gene, funded both by the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Sciences Foundation and Bureau of Education of Zhejiang Province, China (2000-2002)
7. Studies on the pilotscale fermentation systems for beta-1,3-1,4-glucanase and xylanase, Funded by the Ministry of Education,
8. Studies on pivotal techniques in exploitation and industrialized utilization of rice and its byproducts, supported both by the Ministry of Science & Technology,
9. Studies on the effects of methyl amino acids on GH gene expression and related molecular mechanisms, funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (1998-2001)
10. Improvement the nutritional value of barley and grain byproducts with enzymes and their industrialized utilization, supported by the
11. Exploitation and effective utilization of feed barley, funded by Zhejiang Provincial Government,
12. Studies on MOS biological activity and its extraction technology, funded by the Bureau of Education of Zhejiang Province (1995-1996)
13. Research on detoxification additive for cottonseed meal and its application in feed industry, supported by the Zhejiang Provincial Commission of Science and
14. Exploitation and utilization of HEA feed yeast produced by solid state fermentation technology, funded by the Zhejiang Provincial Commission of Science and
15. Industrialized development feeds and feed additives, funded by the Ministry of Science and
1. J.Y. Sun, M.Y. Jing, X.Y. Weng, L.J. Fu, Z.R. Xu, N.T. Zi, J.F. Wang. Effects of dietary zinc levels on the activities of enzymes, weights of organs and the concentrations of zinc and copper in growing rats. Biological Trace Element_Research. 2005 ( in Press, SCI).
2. Jian-Yi Sun, Ming-Qi Liu, Ying-Lei Xu, Zi-Rong Xu, Lin Pan and Hui Gao. Improvement of the thermostability and catalytic activity of a mesophilic family 11 xylanase by N-terminus replacement. Protein Expression and Purification. 2005 ( in Press, SCI).
3. Fu Shi-Jun, SUN Jian-Yi, Gao Hui, CHEN Yan, The neutral phytase and its gene engineering.
4. Xiao-Yan Weng , Jian-Yi Sun*. Construction, expression and characterization of a thermostable xylanase. Current Microbiology. 2005 ( in Press, SCI).
5. Sun Jian-Yi, Jing Ming-Yan, Fu Liang-Jian, Zi Nai-Tao, Wang Jian-Feng. Effects of zinc on rat pituitary gland gene expression profiling as assessed by cDNA microarrays. Proceedings of the Ninth Annual Symposium on Animal Nutrition.
6. CHEN Yan , SUN Jian-Yi , FU Liang-Jian , LIU Ming-Qi. Enzymatic characteristics of phytase from Aspergillus fumigatus. Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis. 2004, 16 (2): 59-62 .
7. FU Liang-Jian, SUN Jian-Yi , CHEN Yan , XU Zi-Rong. Factors that influence the expression of sucrase-isomaltase (SI) gene. Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis. 2004,16 (3) :167-171.
8. JING Ming-Yan, SUN Jian-Yi. Molecular Chaperones and Protein Folding. Bulletin of Science and Technology , 2004, 20 (5): 407-411.
9. JING Ming-Yan, SUN Jian-Yi. Protein folding and the formation of inclusion bodies Journal of
10. JING Ming-Yan, SUN Jian-Yi, Zhao Shu-sheng, Fu Liang-Jian. Progress in nutrition research of Zinc. Feed Industry. 2004, 25 (10): 20-24.
11. Li WF, Sun JY, Xu ZR. Effects of NSP degrading enzyme on in vitro digestion of barley. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 2004,17(1):122-126 (SCI).
12. LI Wei-Fen, SUN Jian-Yi, XU Zi-Rong, LU Wen-Ping. The Properties of ??-glucanase from Bacillus macerans and Cloning of its Gene. Chin J Vet Sci. 2004, 24(4): 411-413.
13. Liu Ming-Qi, Sun Jian-Yi. Advance on the thermostability and acidophily of xylanase.
14. XU Ying-Lei , SUN Jian-Yi. Research Progress of Fibroblast Growth Factors ( FGFs) and Their Receptors( FGFRs). Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 2004 ,11 (3) :194-198.
15. LI Wei-Fen, YU Song-Dong , SUN Jian-Yi*. Effect of NSP Enzymes Supplementation on Digestion of Early Rice Grain and Brown Rice in Vitro??Chinese J Rice Sci , 2004 , 18 (1) :86-88.
16. LU Wen-Ping, XU Zi-Rong, SUN Jian-Yi, LI Wei-Fen, DU Wen-Li. Cloning and Expression of ??-1,3-1,4-glucanase Gene from Bacillus pumilus. Journal of
17. LI Wei-Feng, XU Zi-Rong, LU Wen-Ping, SUN Jian-Yi . Expression of beta-glucanase Gene from Bacillus SP A
18. LU Wen-Ping, XU Zi-Rong, DU Wen-Li, LI Wei-Feng, SUN Jian-Yi. Cloning and Expression of ??-1,3-1,4-glucanase Gene from Bacillus licheniformis. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology. 2004, 12 (4): 446-449.
19. GU Sai-Hong, SUN Jian-Yi, LI Wei-Fen, XU Zi-Rong. Effects of fermentation condition on production of ??-glucanase and xylanase by Trichoderma reesei. Journal of
20. Gu Sai-Hong, Sun Jian-Yi, Li Wei-Fen. The Nutritional Value of Cottonseed Meal Fermented by A.nige . Journal of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association. 2003, 18(1):70-73.
21. Liu Ming-Qi, Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Ying-Lei. Research Advances on Molecular Evolution of Xylanase.
22. XIAO Jing, SUN Jian-Yi, ZHOU De-Ping, CHEN Yan, FU Liang-Jian. Study on isolation, identification and enzymatic characteristics of a strain which produce endo-1 ,4-??-xylanase. Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis. 2003, 15 (2) : 55-61.
23. WANG Min-Qi. XU Zi-Rong. SUN Jian-Yi. Effect of Exogenous Enzyme on Growth and Digestion of Pigs Fed Paddy-Based Diets. Chinese Journal of Rice Science. 2003, 17 (2):179- 183.
24. Xu Zi-Rong, Xu Ya-Xiang, Sun Jian-Yi, Li Wei-Feng, Lu Wen-Ping. Cloning and Sequence Analysis of Envelope Protein VP28 Gene of Shrimp White Spot Syndrome Virus. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology. 2003, 11(2): 216-217.
25. SUN Jian-Yi. LI Wei-Fen XU Zi-Rong. GU Sai-Hong. Purification and some properties of a ??-glucanase from a strain, Trichoderma reesei GXC. Journal of
26. SUN Jian-Yi, XU Zi-Rong, LI Wei-Feng, GU Sai-Hong. Advance in Small Peptide Transporter Gene. Acta Zoonutrimenta Sinica. 2002, 14(4):1-6.
27. SUN Jiang-Yi, LI Wei-Fen. The Stability of beta-glucanase in vitro. Chinese Journal of Animal Science. 2002, 38(1):18-19.
28. QIAN Li-Chun, SUN Jian-Yi, XU Zi-Rong. Effects of Enzyme Preparation on Digestive Performance in Livestock Fed Barly or High Wheat Bran or High Wheat Middilng Diets. Chinese Journal of Animal Science. 2002, 38(3):14-16.
29. XU Zi-Rong, LI Wei-Fen, SUN Jian-Yi. Properties of Gastrointestinal Disaccharidase in Pigs. Acta Zoologica Sinica . 2002, 48 (2): 202-207.
30. YU Song-Dong, LI Wei-Fen, SUN Jiang-Yi, XU Zi-Rong. Effects of adding NSP enzymes to barley-based diets on carcass composition and digestive function of piglets. Journal of
31. XU Zi-Rrong, LI Wei-Fen, SUN Jian-Yi. Effects of Adding NSP Enzymes to Barley-based Diets on Digestive Enzyme Activity of Piglets. Chin J Vet Sci . 2002, 22 (1): 99-101.
32. XU Zi-Rong, QIAN Li-Chun, XU You-Liang, SUN Jian-Yi. Effect of Barley Instead of Corn in Ration on Carcass Meat Quality and Digestive Organ in Finishing Swine Chinese Journal of Veterinary Science. Chin J Vet Sci. 2002, 22 (5): 522-524.
33. SUN Jian-Yi, LI Wei-Fen. Studies on the characteristics of xylanase. Journal of
34. SUN Jian-Yi, LI Wei-Fen. The preparation of mannan-oligosacchride from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its effects on intestinal microflora in chicken. Journal of
35. Sun Jian-Yi, Li Wei-Feng Gu Sai-Hong. Production and Some Properties of a ??-glucanase from Trichoderma sp GXC. Acta Microbiologica Sinica . 2001,41(4): 457-462.
36. SUN Jian-Yi, LI Wei-Feng, GU Sai-Hong, XU Zi-Rong. Cloning and Sequence analysis of xylanase and ??-1,3-1,4-glucanase cDNA fragments from Aspergillus
37. SUN Jian-Yi, LI Wei-Feng, XU Zi-Rong, GU Sai-Hong. Studies on Xylanase from a Strain GXC of Trichoderma reesei. Mycosystema. 2001, 20(2): 184-190.
38. Sun Jian-Yi, Li Wei-Feng, Xu Zi-Rong, Liao Yu-Hua. Study on the Properties of ??-1,3-1,4-glucanase; Cloning and Sequence Analysis of cDNA Fragment from Trichoderma reesei. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology. 2001, 9(1): 81-85.
39. Li Wei-Fen, Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. The Anti nutritive Factor of Barley and Its Mechanism of Antinutritive Activity. Barley Science. 2000(1): 17-20.
40. Li Wei-Fen, Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. The Application of NSP Enzymes in Barley Feed. Barley Science. 2000 (2): 1-4.
41. QIAN Li-Chun, SUN Jian-Yi, XU Zi-Rong. Effects of enzymes on carcass composition and calcium phosphorus metabolism in broiler chicks. Journal of
42. XU Zi-rong, QIAN Li-Chun, SUN Jian-Yi. Studies on the effects of xylanase, ??-glucanase and cellulase in broiler chicks fed high wheat bran diets. Acta Zoonutrimenta Sinica. 2000.01: 61.
43. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong, Lu Gu-Lin. Effect of probiotic on breeding laying hen performance. Chinese Journal of Microecology. 1999,11(2): 82-85.
44. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. Study on isolation and identification of Bacillus strain BC 10 and its application. Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis. 1999,11(1): 47-50.
45. Sun Jian-Yi. Repression Models for Egg Laying Course of ISA Brown. Journal of Biomathematics. 1999,14(4): 501-504.
46. Li Wei-Fen, Sun Jian-Yi, Bao Kang. Effects of metallic ions on feed enzyme activity. Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis. 1999,11(2): 96-98.
47. Li Wei-Fen, Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong, Bao Kang. Studies on Stability of Xylanase. Journal of
48. LI Wei-Fen, XU Zi-Rong, SUN Jian-Yi, BAO Kang Influence of metallic ions on glucoamylase activity. Journal of
49. Xu Zi-Rong, Qian Li-Chun, Sun Jian-Yi, Wang Min-Qi. Effects of ??-glucanase, xylanase and cellulase on growth and digestion in broiler chicks fed high wheat bran diets. Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis. 1999,11(2): 80-84.
50. XU Zi-Rong, QIAN Li-Chun, SUN Jian-Yi. Effects of xylanase, ?? glucanase and cellulase on growth and biochemical parameters of broiler chicks fed with high wheat bran diet. Journal of
51. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. Response Surface Analysis of Effects of Mineral Trace Elements on Yeast Growth. Journal of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association. 1998,13(6).-52-54.
52. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. Study on the medium of yeast feed fermented by Candida tropicalis with solid state. Journal of
53. Sun Jina-Yi. Progress in research and application of xylanase, Research Advance on Life Science.
54. Li Wei-Fen, Xu Zi-Rong, Sun Jian-Yi. Studies on determination of contents of amino acids in feeds by precolumn derivatization with Ophthalaldehyde. Journal of
55. Sun Jian-Yi, Weng Xiao-Yan. Studies on Mutation Parameters of Microbes Radiated by UV Journal of Biomathematics. 1996,11(1): 92-96.
56. Sun Jian-Yi. Studies on biodegradation of free gossypol and solid substrate fermentation mechanism, Research progress in animal industry and animal products processing, Chian Agricultural Scientech Press, 1996, 134-140.
57. SUN Jian-Yi. Progress in research and application of probiotics. Progress in Biotechnology 1995,15(1): 28-31.
58. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. Study on the detoxification of cottonseed meal with Candida tropicalis Journal of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association. 1995,10(1): 61-64.
59. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. Studies on the solid substrate fermentation conditions of Candida tropicalis Strain ZAU-I and its fermentation kinetics. Journal of
60. Sun Jian-Yi, Xu Zi-Rong. Study on the Nutrition and Application of Yeast Feed. Biotechnology. 1995,5(1): 30-32,35.
61. Sun Jian-Yi, Zheng Xiao-Dong, He Guo-Qing, Wu Jin-Peng. Study on the optimization of Gibberellic acid fermentation medium. Journal of
62. Sun Jian-Yi, He Guo-Qing, Zheng Xiao-Dong, Wang You-Yong, Wu Jin-Peng. Studies on the kinetics of Gibberellic acid fermnentation. Journal of
63. Sun Jian-Yi, Zheng Xiao-Dong. The Selection of Gibberellic Acid High-yielding Strain. Biotechnology. 1994,4(1): 34-36,14.
64. Sun Jian-Yi, Weng Xiao-Yan. Studies on Fermentative conditions of Gibberellic Acid produced by Strain UF456. Acta Microbiologica Sinica. 1994,34(6): 444-448.
?°Methods of Molecular Biology?± for postgraduate students.