Current & past positions:
Post-doctoral fellow: The University of Tennessee Department of Animal Science,
Visiting scientist: The Royal Veterinary and
Deputy Director General: Chinese Veterinary Food Hygienists Association from September, 2005.
Executive Board Member: International Committee on Food Microbiology and Hygiene, 2011– present
Editor: International Journal of Food Microbiology from 2008 -2011
Editorial boards for journals:
Acta Veterinaria et Zootechnica Sinica from 1999 -
International Journal of Food Microbiology from 2002 -
Chinese Journal of Veterinary Science from 2006 -
Foodborne Pathogens and Disease from 2007 -
Acta Microbiologica Sinica from 2007 –
International Workshop of the Safety of Foods of Animal Origin,
- Microbial pathogenesis and development of novel vaccines against major infectious diseases of food animals
- Foodborne pathogens and food safety
Publications in English:
1. Chen JS, Fang C,
2. Li XL, Kang Y, Zhang XY, Zhu BL, Fang WH. Identification of a heat-shock cognate 70 gene in Chinese soft-shell turtle (Pelodiscus sinensis) and its expression profiles under thermal stress. Journal of
3. Zhu BL, Xu F, Li L, Shuai JB, Li XL, Fang WH. Porcine circovirus type 2 explores the autophagic machinery for replication in PK-15 cells. Virus Research, 2012, in press.
4. Chen JS, Fang C, Zheng TL, Zhu YY, Bei YJ, Fang WH. Genomic presence of GadD1 glutamate decarboxylase correlates with the organization of ascB-dapE internalin cluster in Listeria monocytogenes. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2012, in press.
5. Tang YL, Zhao HC, Wu W, Wu D, Li XL, Fang WH. Genetic and virulence characterization of Streptococcus suis type 2 isolated from swine in Provinces of Zhejiang and
6. Chen JS, Cheng CY, Xia Y, Zhao HX, Fang C, Shan Y, Wu BB, Fang WH. Lmo0036, an ornithine and putrescine carbamoyltransferase in Listeria monocytogenes, participates in arginine deiminase and agmatine deiminase pathways and mediates acid tolerance. Microbiology, 2011, 157:3150-3161.
7. Yu Y, Hu WZ, Wu BB, Zhang PP, Chen JS, Wang SN, Fang WH. Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolates from southeastern Chinese coast were genetically diverse with circulation of clonal complex 3 strains since 2002. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2011, 8:1169-1176
8. Zhao HX, Chen JS, Fang C, Xia Y, Cheng CY, Jiang LL, Fang WH. Deciphering the biodiversity in Listeria monocytogenes lineage III strains by polyphasic approaches. The Journal of Microbiology, 2011, DOI 10.1007/s12275-011-1006
9. Chen JS, Xia Y, Cheng CY, Fang C, Shan Y, Jin GL, Fang WH. Genome sequence of a non-pathogenic Listeria monocytogenes server
10. Jiang JJ, Chen JS, Cheng CY, Hu HX, Bai F, Chen N, Yan GQ, Fang WH. Disruption of InlC2 enhances the internalization of Listeria monocytogenes by epithelial cells. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2011, 27: 2155-2161.
11. Bai F, Chen JS, Chen QM, Luo XK, Fang WH, Jiang LL. A single substitution in 50-untranslated region of plcB is involved in enhanced broad-range phospholipase C activity in Listeria monocytogenes strain H4 Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 2011, 43:275-283.
12. Shuai JB. Fi LL, Zhang XF, Zhu BL, Li XL< He YQ, Fang WH. Functional exchangeability of the nuclear localization signal (NLS) of capsid protein between PCV1 and PCV
13. Chen N, Tong C, Li DJ, Wan J, Yuan XM, Li XL, Peng JR, Fang WH. Antigenic analysis of classical swine fever virus E2 glycoprotein using pig antibodies identifies residues contributing to antigenic variation of the vaccine C-strain and group 2 strains circulating in
14. Li XL, Zhu BL, Chen N, Hu HX, Chen JS, Zhang XY, Li J, Fang WH. Molecular characterization and functional analysis of MyD
15. Chen JS, Chen QM, Jiang LL, Cheng CY, Bai F, Mo F, Fang WH. Internalin profiling and multilocus sequence typing suggest four Listeria innocua subgroups with different evolutionary distances from Listeria monocytogenes. BMC Microbiology, 2010, 10:97.
16. Jiang LL, Olesen I, Andersen T, Fang WH, Jespersen L: Survival of Listeria monocytogenes in simulated gastrointestinal system and transcriptional profiling of stress-and adhesion-related genes. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2010, 7(3): 267-274.
17. Chen JS, Chen QM, Jiang JJ, Hu HX, Ye JB, Fang WH. Serovar 4b complex predominates among Listeria monocytogenes isolates from imported aquatic products in
18. Chen XY, Chen Y, Li XL, Chen N, Fang WH. Characterization of surface layer proteins in Lactobacillus crispatus isolate ZJ001. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2009, 19(10):1176–1183.
19. Chen JS, Jiang LL, Chen QM, Zhao HC, Luo XK, Chen XY, Fang WH. lmo0038 is involved in acid and heat stress responses and specific for Listeria monocytogenes lineages I and II, and Listeria ivanovii. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2009, 6(3):365-376.
20. Hu HX, Li XL, Zhang ZF, Shuai JB, Chen N, Liu GQ, Fang WH. Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome viruses predominant in southeastern China from 2004 to 2007 were from a common source and underwent further divergence. Archive of Virology, 2009, 154:391–398.
21. Chen JS, Jiang LL, Chen XY, Luo XK, Chen Y, Yu Y, Tian GM, Liu DY, Fang WH. Listeria monocytogenes serovar
22. Chen JS, Zhang XF, Mei LL, Jiang LL, Fang WH. Prevalence of Listeria in Chinese food products from 13 provinces between 2000 and 2007 and virulence characterization of Listeria monocytogenes isolates. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2009, 6:7-14.
23. Chen JS, Luo XK, Jiang LL, Jin PJ, Wei W, Liu DY, Fang WH. Molecular characteristics and virulence potential of Listeria monocytogenes isolates from Chinese food systems. Food Microbiology, 2009, 26:103-111.
24. Vongxay K, Wang SN, Zhang XF, Wu BB, Hu HX, Pan ZJ, Cheng SY, Fang WH. Pathogenetic Characterization of Vibrio parahaemolyticus Isolates from Clinical and Seafood Sources. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 2008, 126:71-75.
25. Vongxay K, Pan ZJ, Zhang XF, Cheng SY, Mei LL, XU C, Wang SN, Fang WH. Occurrence of pandemic clones of Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolates from seafood and clinical samples in a Chinese coasting province. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, 2008, 5(2):127-134.
26. Yang ZZ, Shuai JB, Dai XJ, Fang WH. A survey on porcine circovirus type 2 infeciton and phylogenetic analysis of its ORF2 gene in
27. Jiang LL, Chen JS, Xu JJ, Zhang XF, Wang SN, Zhao HC, Vongxay K, Fang WH. Virulence characterization and genotypic analyses of Listeria monocytogenes isolates from food and processing environments in eastern
28. Shuai JB, Li XL, Chen N, Chen CY, Fang WH. Characterization and potential use of truncated PCV2 capsid protein and its polyclonal antibody for diagnosis of PCV2 infections. Acta Microbiologica Sinica, 2008:4891):85-90.
29. Shuai JB, Wei W, Jiang LL, Li XL, Chen N, Zhang ZF, Fang WH. Mapping of nuclear localization signals in open reading frame 2 protein from porcine circovirus type 1. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica (in English), 2008, 40(1):71-77.
30. Li XL, Zhang CL, Fang WH, Lin FC. White-spot disease of Chinese soft-shelled turtles (Trionyx sinens) caused by Paecilomyces lilacinus. Journal of Zhejiang University-Science B, 2008, 9(7):578-581.
31. Chen N, Hu HX, Zhang ZF, Shuai JB, Fang WH. Genetic diversity of the envelope glycoprotein E2 of classical swine fever virus: Recent isolates branched away from historic and vaccine strains. Veterinary Microbiology, 2008, 127:286-299.
32. Shuai JB, Wei W, Li XL, Chen N, Zhang ZF, Chen XY, Fang WH. Genetic characterization of porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) from pigs in high-seroprevalence areas in southeastern
33. Chen XY, Xu JJ, Shuai JB, Chen JS, Zhang ZF, Fang WH. The S-layer proteins of Lactobacillus crispatus strain ZJ001 is responsible for competitive exclusion against Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella typhimurium. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 2007,115(3):307-312.
34. Yang ZZ, Habib M, Shuai JB, Fang WH. Detection of PCV2 DNA by SYBR Green I-based quantitative PCR, Journal of Zhejiang University Science B, 2007, 8(3):162-169.
35. Yang ZG, Chen AQ, Sun HX, Ye YP,
36. Jiang LL, Ke CL, Xu JJ, Chen JS, Chen XY, Chen N, Shuai JB, Fang WH. Listeria monocytogenes mutants carrying Newcastle disease virus F gene fused to its actA and plcB: In vitro expression and immunogenicity in chickens, Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica (in English), 2007, 39(1):57-66.
37. Varshney M, Li Y, Srinivasan B, Tung S, Erf G, Slavik M, Ying Y, W. Fang. A microfluidics filter biochip based chemiluminescence biosensing method for detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7. Transactions of the ASABE,2006, 49(6): 2061-2068.
38. Li XL, Shuai JB, Fang WH. Protection of Carassius auratus Gibelio against infection by Aeromonas hydrophila using specific immunoglobulins from hen egg yolk. Journal of
39. Yang ZZ, Fang WH, Habib M. First Results of Detection of PRRSV and CSFV RNA by SYBR Green I-based Quantitative PCR. Journal of Veterinary Medicine B, 2006;53(10):461-467.
40. Dikki JM, Chen XY, Chen N, Fang WH. Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium as a carrier for prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression vectors. Journal of
41. Li L, Fang WH, Li JR, Huang YW, Yu L. Oral DNA vaccination with the polyprotein gene of infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) delivered by attenuated Salmonella elicits protective immune responses in chickens. Vaccine, 2006, 24(33-34):5919-5927.
42. Fang WH, Budde B; Siegumfeldt H. Leucocins 4010 from Leuconostoc carnosum cause a matrix related decrease in intracellular pH of Listeria monocytogenes, FEMS Microbiology Letters, 2006, 258(2): 208-213.
43. Jiang LL, Xu JJ, Chen N, Shuai JB, Fang WH. Virulence phenotyping and molecular characterization of a low-pathogenicity Listeria monocytogenes isolate from milk, Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica (in English), 2006, 38(4):262-270
44. Vongxay KP, Cheng SY, Zhou XY, Shen B, He X L, Zhang GZ, Fang WH* Prevalence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in seafoods and their processing environments as detected by Duplex PCR. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture, 2006, 86(12): 1871-1877..
45. Zeng HY, Zhang XF, Sun Z, Fang WH. Multiplex PCR identification of Listeria monocytogenes isolates from milk and milk-processing environments. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture, 2006, 86(3):367-371.
46. Yang ZG, Sun HX, Fang WH. Haemolytic activities and adjuvant effect of Astragalus membranaceus saponins (AMS) on the immune responses to ovalbumin in mice. Vaccine, 2005, 23 (44): 5196-5203.
47. Ke CL, Song HH , Jiang LL, Zeng HY, Zhang GZ, Fang WH. Construction of the recombinant Listeria monocytogenes mutant expressing green fluorescent protein. Journal of
48. Jiang LL, Song HH, Chen XY, Ke CL, Xu JJ, Chen N, Fang WH. Characterization of a Mutant Listeria monocytogenes Strain Expressing Green Fluorescent Protein. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica (in English), 2005, 37(1): 19–24.
49. Song HH, Fang WH, Wang ZL et al. Detection of foot-and-mouth virus antibodies using a purified protein from the high-level expression of codon-optimized, foot-and-mouth disease virus complex epitopes in Escherichia coli. Biotechnology Letters, 2004, 26(16):1277-1281.
50. Fang WH, Siegumfeldt H, Budde BB, Jakobsen M. Osmotic stresses led to decreased intracellular pH of Listeria monocytogenes as analyzed by fluorescence ratio-imaging microscopy. Applied & Environmental Microbiology, 2004, 70(5):3176-3179.
51. Song HH, Li Y., Fang WH, Geng YF et al. Development of a set of expression vectors in Hansenula polymorpha. Biotechnol. Lett., 2003, 25:1999-2006.
52. Zhong BX, Weng HB, Fang WH. Preparation of protein samples for gel electrophoresis by sequential extraction. Journal of
53. Fang WH, Almeida R.A., Oliver S.P. Effects of lactoferrin and milk on adherence of Streptococcus uberis to bovine mammary epithelial cells. American Journal of Veterinary Research,, 2000, 3:275.
54. Fang WH., Oliver S. P. Identification of lactoferrin-binding proteins from bovine mastitis causing Streptococcus uberis. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 1999, 176:91.
55. Almeida R.A., Fang W., Oliver S.P. Adherence and internalization of Streptococcus uberis to bovine mammary epithelial cells are mediated by host cell proteoglycans. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 1999, 177:313.
56. Fang WH., Luther D. A., Oliver S. P. Protein expression by Streptococcus uberis in co-culture with bovine mammary epithelial cells. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 1998, 166:237.
57. Fang WH., Luther D. A., Almeida R. A., Oliver S. P. Decreased growth of Streptococcus uberis in milk from mammary glands of cows challenged with the same mastitis pathogen. Journal of Veterinary Medicine B, 1998, 45:295.
58. Ali-Vehmas T., Vikerpuur M., Fang WH., Sandholm M. Giving selenium supplements to dairy cows strengthens the inflammatory response to intramammary infection and induces a growth-suppressing effect on mastitis pathogens in whey. Journal of Veterinary Medicine A, 1997, 44:559.
59. Fang WH., Myllys V., Sandholm M. Resazurin reduction as a function of respiratory burst of bovine polymorphonuclear neutrophils. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 1997, 58(6):601.
60. Fang WH. Novel fluorometric methods for evaluation of phagocytosis, potency and postantibiotic effect of antibacterials in milk. PhD thesis, 1996,
61. Fang WH. A novel fluorometric method for evaluation of postantibiotic effect on mastitis-causing Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 1996, 26:151.
62. Fang WH. Quantification of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli in the liquid medium by fluorometry and its use in phagocytosis assay. Journal of Applied Bacteriology, 1996, 80:577.
63. Koivunen A-L., Maisi P., Fang WH., Sandholm M. Inhibition of the protease activity in tracheobronchial aspirates of horses with COPD. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 1996, 57(5):603.
64. Malbe M., Salonen M., Fang WH., Oopic T., Jalakas M., Klaassen M., Sandholm M. Disposition of enrofloxacin (BaytrilR) into the udder after intravenous and intra-arterial injections. Journal of Veterinary Medicine A, 1996, 43:377.
65. Fang WH., Vikerpuur M., Sandholm M. Reconstitution of mastitic milk by adding blood plasma and leukocytes into low cell count milk. Veterinary Research (
66. Fang WH., Shi M., Huang L., Chen J. Antagonism of the lactic acid bacteria towards Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli on the agar plates and in milk. Veterinary Research (
67. Fang WH., Pyorala S. Mastitis-causing Escherichia coli: Serum sensitivity and susceptibility to selected antibacterials in milk. Jouranl of Dairy Science, 1996, 79:76.
68. Fang WH., Vikerpuur M. Potency of antibacterial drugs in milk as analyzed by the ß-glucuronidase-based fluorometry. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 1995, 1:422.
69. Fang WH., Vikerpuur M., Sandholm M. A fluorometric ß-glucuronidase assay for analysis of bacterial growth in milk. Veterinary Microbiology, 1995, 46:361.
70. Malbe M., Klaassen M., Fang WH., Myllys V., Vikerpuur M., Nyholm K., Sankari S., Suoranta K., Sandholm M. Comparison of selenite and selenium yeast feed supplements on Se-incorporation, mastitis and leukocyte function in Se-deficient dairy cows. Journal of Veterinary Medicine A, 1995, 42:111.
71. Fang WH, Sandholm M. Inhibition of the proteinase activity in mastitic milk. Journal of Dairy Research, 1995, 64:61.
72. Fang WH., Shi M., Chen J., Huang L. & Shao Q. Comparative aspects of bacterial growth in milk and whey. Chinese Veterinary Science (English), 1994, 1(1):32.
73. Fang WH., Shi M., Chen J., Huang L. & Shao Q. Turbidometric determination of bacterial growth in whey. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Science (English), 1994, 1(1):28.
74. Fang WH., Shi M., Huang L. & Shao Q. Growth of lactic acid bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli in normal and mastitic milk and whey. Veterinary Microbiology, 1993, 37:115.
75. Fang WH., Jiang C. & Liu H. Epidemiological aspects of bovine mastitis and its control in several dairy herds in south-east
76. Hu SH, Fang WH, Lu HR, et al. Effect Of Teat Dipping And Dry Cow Therapy On Mastitis In A Commercial Dairy-Herd In
Publications in Chinese (with English Astract)：
1. Wang SN, Vongxay K, Shen B, Zhou XY, Jin PJ, Chen JS, Fang WH. Analysis of tdh gene and its adjacent loci of Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolates from seafoods. Acta Microbiologica Sinica (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2009, 49(12):27-34.
2. Chen QM, Chen JS, Wu D, Jiang JJ, Fang WH. Characterization of a naturally atypical Listeria monocytogenes strain lacking inlAB. Acta Microbiologica Sinica (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2009,49(8):1033-1039.
3. Yu Y, Wu BB, Fang WH. Type III secretion system of Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Acta Microbiologica Sinica(in Chinese with English abstracts), 2009, 49(7):848-852.
4. Jing PJ, Wu BB, Wang SN, Yu Y, Qian YH, Fang WH. Analysis of major virulence genes in Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolates from coastal areas in Zhejiang province, Microbiology (in Chinese with English abstracts)，2009, 36(7):962-967.
5. Shuai JB, Zhang XF, Xu JJ, Chen N, Fang WH. Seroprevalence of hepatitis E virus infections in pigs from
6. Liang QP Chen JS, Chen QM, Lao HJ, Huang ST, Fang WH. Molecular epidemiology of Listeria monocytogenes isolates from imported fishery products in
7. Chen JS, Jiang LL, Tian GM, Fang WH. Virulence determinants and its evolution of the genus Listeria. Acta Microbiologica Sinica(in Chinese with English abstracts), 2007, 47(4):738-742.
8. Xu C, Chen YB, Fang WH. Prokaryotic expression of the food-and-mouth virus serotype O and analysis of its antigenicity. Progress in Veterinary Medicine(in Chinese with English abstracts)，2007，28(6):14-18.
9. Ying WF, Zhao HC, Qian Y, Fang WH. Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility of Streptococcus suis isolated from the slaughter pigs from Zhejiang province, Progress in Veterinary Medicine (in Chinese with English abstracts)，2007，28(6):24-26.
10. Pan ZJ, Vongxay K, Shen B, Lou GM, Fang WH. Analysis of major phenotypes and hemolysin-related genotypes of Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolates from clinical and seafood samples. Acta Microbiologica Sinica(in Chinese with English abstracts), 2007, 47(3): 508-511.
11. Chen YB, Xu C, Zhang GZ, Fang WH. Prokaryotic expression of structural domains of the
12. Xu JJ Jiang LL, Chen N, Shuai JB, Fang WH*. Characterization of a recombinant Listeria monocytogenes strain containing the fusion protein gene of
13. Zhang GZ, Chen YB, Xu C, Zhang CZ, Fang WH. Prokaryotic expression of structural domains of the
14. Chen XY, Dikki JM, Jiang LL, Shuai JB, Fang WH. Stability of recombinant plasmids in attenuated Salmonella typhimurium and their effects on bacterial invasiveness and multiplication. Acta Microbiologica Sinica (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2005,45(5):744-747.
15. He XL, Zhang GZ, Fang WH. Development of duplex PCR for detecting Escherichia coli O157:H
16. Li XL, Yin ZZ, Qian Y, Zhu ZG, Fang WH. Crude extraction and purification of IgY against Aeromonas hydrophila and its antibacterial activity in vitro. Journal of
17. Dai XJ, Fang WH. Safety of an oral somatostatin DNA vaccine using attenuated Salmonella typhimurium as carrier for grass carp. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine(in Chinese with English abstracts), 2005, 25(5):466-469.
18. Ma YZ, Dai XJ, Li XL, Fang WH. Construction and characterization of an attenuated Salmonella typhimurium strain with a eukaryotic plasmid carrying the sly gene of Streptococcus suis type 2. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine(in Chinese with English abstracts), 2005,25(5):478-480.
19. Dai XJ, Fang WH. Construction and Stability of an Oral Somatostatin DNA Vaccine Using Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium as carrier for Grass carp. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2005, 25(4):356-358.
20. Li L, Fang WH, Fan YJ, Xu J, Fang L, Li JR, Yu L. Expression of the Infectious Bursal Disease Virus Polyprotein in Vero Cells Using Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium as Transgenic Carrier, Chinese Journal of Bioengeering (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2004, 20(3):437-440.
21. Zhang XF, Fang WH, Cheng J, Shi WL. Compariosn of selective enrichment cultures for isolation of Listerial species. Chinese Journal of Public Health (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2004, 20(6),718-719.
22. Jiang ZQ, Chen XH, Fang WH, Zhang YQ, Sun JH. Surveillance of resistant pathogenic Escherichia coli from post-weaning diarrhea on intensive pig farms in
23. Ma YZ, Li XL, Fang WH. PCR detection of Hemolysin gene of Streptococcus suis type 2. Journal of
24. Liang XY, Fang WH, Jiang LL. Immunogenecity and immune protection of an oral DNA vaccine against
25. Xie RH, Fang WH, Li JR, Lu MJ, YU L. Construction of eukaryotic expression vector of Interleukin-2 gene from Xiaoshan chicken and its expression in Vero cells. Journal of
26. Ma YZ, Fang WH, Ke CL, Zhang XF. Biological characteristics of isolates of Streptococcus suis type 2. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2003, 23(4):326-328.
27. Ma YZ, Fang WH. Cloning and sequence analysis of the haemolysin gene of Streptococcus suis type 2 isolate JX02. Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2003, 23(5):460-462.
28. Fang WH, Liang XY, Li JR. Induction of protective immune responses against
29. Zhang XF, Cheng J, Fang WH. Advances on the mechanisms of host immune responses against Listeria monocytogenes infection. Chinese Journal of Zoonoses (in Chinese with English abstracts), 2003, 19(5):113-115.
30. Zhang XF, Li AY, Fang WH, Jiang LL, Ke CL. Identification of Listeria monocytogenes by multiplex PCR. Chinese Journal of Laboraty Medicine, 2003,26(2):93-95.
31. Zhang XF, Fang WH, Jiang LL, Du HH. Surveillance of Listeria monocytogenes contamination in foods by PCR. Chinese Journla of Preventive Medicine, 2003, 37(3):199-201. (in Chinese with English Abstract)
32. Song HH, Fang WH. Cloning and sequence analysis of hly gene from Streptococcus suis isolate ZJ. Chinese Journal of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 2002, 24(2):103-105. (in Chinese with English Abstract)
1. Co-author, Chinese Agricultural Encyclopedia - Vol. Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, 1991, 1st ed., National Agricutural Press,
2. Fang W., and Pyorala S. Teat-dipping in mastitis control. In: The Bovine Udder and Mastitis, Sandholm M et al. (Eds.), 1995, 246-251.
3. Jiang C., Yu C. & Fang W. A Chinese-English Dictionary of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, 2003, 2nd ed., National Agric Press,
4. Associate editor. Veterinary Public Health (Textbook for undergraduate students), 2003, National Agric. Press,
5. Editorial Member, Hygiene of Foods of Animal Origin (Textbook for undergraduate students), 2005, China Higher Education Press.
6. Associate editor, Inspection and Quarantine of Foods, National Agric. Press,
1. Characterization of the gene locus encoding surface layer proteins in Lactobacillus crispatus isolate ZJ001 having antagonistic activity against enteropathogens. The 6th International Conference on Global Research and Education, September 26-30, 2007,
2. Molecular techniques for epidemiological investigation of foodborne pathogens：PFGE vs MLST, Sino-Austian Symposium on Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, September 17-18, 2009, Shanxi, China.
3. Foodborne Pathogens: Source-tracking and Risk Assessment, Shanghai International Forum on Veterinary Public Health, September 28-29, 2009, Shanghai, China.
4. Meat Safety in
5. Internalin profiling, multilocus sequence typing and virulence assenments suggest evolutionary history of the Listeria monocytogenes-Listeria innocua clade. The International Symposium on Problems of Listeriosis, May 5-8, 2010,
6. Zoonotic foodborne Listeria monocytogenes: Acid tolerance and infection, invited speech at XIII International Congress of Bacteriology and Applied Microbiology, September 6-10, 2011,
7. Use of antibiotics in animals and antimicrobial resistance, Joint Symposium on Antimicrobial Resistance, European University Center at Peking University, Beijing, October 29, 2011.