NAME: XIANGRUI ZHU
SPECIALITY: Sericulture Chemistry & Biochemistry Engineering
OCCUPATION: Associate Professor
TITLE: Director: Lab of Sericulture and Apiculture
Deputy Director??Biological Resources and Material Engineering Center
MAILING ADDRESS: Biological Resources and Material Engineering Center
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University
Kaixuan Rd No.258, Hangzhou 310029, P.R.China
TEL: +86-571-86971146 (O), 13857115968 (Mobile)
Education and Professional Experience
1978 ~ 1982, studied in former Zhejiang Agricultural University, and obtained Bachelor in June, 1982,
1993 ~ 1995, Master degree studding
1985 ~2000 Doctoral degree studding and obtained Ph. D. in June, 2000 in Zhejiang University
1. Multipurpose Utilization of Sericultural Resources(Sep., 1992 to Jan. 1993, South China Agricultural University)
2. Molecular biology techniques (1995, two months, Biotechnology Research Institute, Key Institute of Ministry of Agriculture )
3. Oral English (1991, six months, Former Zhejiang Agricultural University)
Sep. 1982 ~ Dec. 1991, assistant professor of former Zhejiang Agricultural University
Jan. 1992 ~ Dec. 1997, lecturer of former Zhejiang Agricultural University
Jan. 1998 ~ Sep. 1998, associate professor of former Zhejiang Agricultural University
Sep. 1998 ~ now, associate professor of Zhejiang University, supervisor of graduate students
1. ?°Studies on chemistry characters and biological response modify of mulberry amylase?± (M303435). Funded by Zhejiang province natural science foundation. 2004-2006
2.?°Research and Development of New Products from Sericultural Resources?±?¨H20030172?? supported by the Huzhou Fine-Tech Biotechnology Co. Ltd., 2003-2005.
3. " Determination of Heavy Metal Elements in Silkworm Larva, Pupa, Moth and Cocoon Shell?± (ZJU-02-318000-29) .Supported by Tongxiang Sericulture Company, 2002-2003
4. ?°Preparation of High Purity Amino Acids from Silkworm Pupa?± ?¨99010126??. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology. 2000-2001
5. "Studies on Purification and Group-Segregation Methods for Silkworm Pupa Amino Acids?± ?¨969010115??. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology. 1997-1999
6. "Research and Development of Mulberry Leaves Tea Bags?±. Supported by Zhejiang University, 1997-1999
7. "Studies on Silk as Immobilization Enzyme Supporter?±(313506). Funded by Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, 1994-1996.
8. ?°Technic Improvement for Production of Silkworm Pupa Amino Acids?± Supported by Hangzhou Tianlong Sericultural Technological Development Company. 1992-1993
9. ?°Studies on flavonoid in silkworm and mulberry leaf?±, supported by Zhejiang province education committee, 1991-1993
In addition, joined to following research project as a principal investigator:
1. ?°Study on Mechanism of Microbe Entironment in Silkworm Intestinal Restraining Microsporidiosis?±(30070578). Funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China. 2001-2003
2. ?°Study on Forming Rule of Silk Protein Material?±(399474). Funded by Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, 2000-2002.
3. ?°Inducing and Identification of Antibiotic Peptide in Eggs and Its Utilization in Resistant Breeding of Silkworm Bombyx mori"(313505), Funded by Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, Dec. 1993.
1997 ~ now, study on physiologically active substance from plant and its relative products?? research and development. Systematacially studied 1-deoxynojirimycin (DNJ) and amylose in mulberry, which including the determination methods, contents, extract standard for DNJ; and the characters, biological response modify for mulberry amylase. These researches funded by Nestl¨? R&D Shanghai, Huzhou Fengtai Biotechnology Co. Ltd and Huzhou Sci-tech Bureau, and co-operated with Experiment Animal Center of Zhjiang Traditional Chinese Medicine College, Zhejiang Fangyuan Detecting Co. Ltd and the College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang Unversity respectively. Nowadays, some products of mulberry have supplied the market.
1988 ~ now, studies on the methods of hydrolization, extraction, isolation and purification for amino acids. Mainly researched the amino acids composition of silkworm pupae, the methods and techniques for preparation of pure amino acids from silkworm pupa, the methods of isolating pyrogen from the amino acids, and the equipment and engineering procedure for industrialization (30 tons per year) , which researches was mainly supported by Ministry of Science and Technology.
1995 ~2002, study on immobilization of enzyme. The silk fibroin was as the support, researched the techniques to immobilize the enzyme(s) (including two or more then enzymes, and more than two enzymes with one microbe) on/in the fibroin. According to the result, one way was indicated that preparation of high fructose syrup by ?°one step?± using the ??immobilized multi-enzymes system?? from amylum. This research was supported by Zhejiang Province Natural Science Foundation.
1986 ~ 1996, studied on chlorophyll chemistry and manufacturing technique. The silkworm feces was as the raw material, studied the manufacturing technique and equipment for producing chlorophyll and its ramification, and directed factories to cut cost and upgrade equipment.
1990 ~ 1995, studied on flavonoid and SOD. Supported by Zhejiang Education committee to research the separation techniques by selecting ion-exchange resin and the properties of mobile phase, and summarized the methods to get good separating result.
1984 ~ 1988, studied on industrialization techniques for producing pectin. The silkworm feces and orange peel was as raw material to produce pectin industrially. And help designing a workshop to produce 10 tones pectin a year, and provided techniques support for producing pectin.
1. Biochemistry properties of Streptomyces flavovirens A8 Immobilized on Silk Fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Xu Junliang, ACTA Sericologica Sinica, 2004, 30(2):143-146
2. Preparation and General Properties of Streptomyces flavovirens A8 Immobilized on Silk Fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Xu Junliang, Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology, 2003, 11(1):105-106
3. Research Progress of 1-deoxynojirimycin. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui. Bulletin of Sericulture. 2003, 34(1):6-10
4. The medical value and exploitation of mulberry sorosis. Yang Haixia,, Zhu Xiangrui, Fang Zemin. Bulletin of Sericulture. 2003, 34(3):8-10
5. The exploiting and utilization of Morus alba L. chitosan. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui, Lu Hongsheng. Bulletin of Sericulture. 2003, 34(4):9-11
6. Effect of silkworm, mulberry their by-products on lowering blood sugar. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui, Fang Zemin and Lu Hongsheng. Bulletin of Sericulture. 2003, 34(2):10-12
7. Research progress on exploiting and utilization of mulberry leaves in the field of health care. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui, Lu Hongsheng. Bulletin of Science and Technology. 2003, 19(1):72-76
8. Research progress on application of silkworm pupa in medical science. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui, Lu Hongsheng. Bulletin of Science and Technology. 2002, 18(4):318-322
9. Research Progress of 1-deoxynojirimycin. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui. China sericulture, 2002, 23(4):60-62
10. Preparation and properties of immobilization of glucose isomerase on silk fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Xu Junliang, ACTA Sericologica Sinica, 2002, 28(3):238-241
11. Preparation and properties of -amylase immobilized on silk fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Xu Junliang. Journal of Zhejiang University (Agric. & Life Sci. ) 2002, 28(1):64-69
12. Summary on influencing factors in the leaf culture of mulberry. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui. Bulletin of Sericulture. 2002, 33(2):5-8
13. Research progress on yew cell culture and preparing paclitaxel. Yang Haixia, Zhu Xiangrui, Lu Hongsheng. World Agriculture. 2002, No.5,38-40
14. Utilization and expectation of anti-bacteria peptide. Lu Hongsheng, Zhu Xiangrui, World Agriculture. 2001, No.11,39
15. Primary studies on change in quantity of phospholipids and one-day-hachability of bluish-silkworm-egg by different cold-storage treatments. Tang Shunming, Li Yiren, Zhu Xiangrui. Bulletin of Sericulture. 1999, 31(3):29-31
16. Studies on inducing anti-bacteria substance from silkworm eggs and its newly hatched larva??s animal test. Zhu Xiangrui, Chen Yuyin, Pan Peifei et al. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University. 1999, 25(2):183-186
17. Studies on preparing characteristics of immobilized catalase in silk fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Xu Junliang, Luo Pengfei. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology, 1999, 7(3):277-280
18. The method for group-separation of amino acids from silkworm pupa hydrolysate. Zhu Xiangrui, Zhou Feibo, Jiang Zhengdong. Amino Acids & Biotic Resources. 1999, 21(1):4-6
19. Studies on immobilization of sacchocarogenic amylase with silk fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Xu Junliang. ACTA Sericologica Sinica, 1999, 25(2):113-119
20. Extraction of ??-carotene from waste of chlorophyllin factory. Zhu Xiangrui. Bulletin of Science and Technology. 1999, 15(6):445-448
21. Studies on immobilization of pectate lyase with silk fibroin. Zhu Xiangrui, Lin Rong. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University. 1998, 24(1):74-78
22. Studies on group-separation of silkworm amino acids. Zhu Xiangrui, Zhou Feibo. ACTA Sericologica Sinica, 1997, 23(2):181-182
23. Experiment on inducing anti-bacteria substance from silkworm eggs. Zhu Xiangrui, Chen Yuyin, Pai Peifei. Bulletin of Science and Technology. 1997, 13(3):152-155
24. Study on effect of scavenging superoxide free radical on mulberry flavonoids. Jia Zhishen, Thang Mengcheng, Zhu Xiangrui. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University. 1996, 22(5):519-523
25. Comparison of dialysis materials for desalting from fibroin solution. Zhu Xiangrui, Wu Weicheng. Bulletin of Science and Technology. 1996, 12(5):299-301
26. A study on the flavonoid in silkworm feces. Zhu Xiangrui, Jiang Zhengdong, Tang Mengcheng. ACTA Sericologica Sinica, 1996, 22(2):90-92
27. Study on flavonoid content in mulberry leaves. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University. 1996, 22(4):394-398
28. Study on the utilization of sludge from silk spinning factory. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University. 1996, 22(4):390-393
29. Experiment of acute toxicity and emergence ability male silkworm (Bombyx mori L.) moth wine. Zhu Xiangrui, Yao Xueyan, Zheng Yuanpang et al. Journal of Zhejiang Agricultural University. 1996, 22(4):433-435
30. Research progress on the new use of silk. Zhu Xiangrui. Agriculture and animal husbandry??s product development. 1995, No.3,21-24
31. Actuality and prospect on utilization of sericulture by-products. Zhu Xiangrui. Bulletin of Sericulture. 1995, (3):
32. Study on the superoxide dismutase from mulberry Morus alba Linnaeus leaves. Zhu Xiangrui, Bao Huijin. ACTA Sericologica Sinica, 1995, 21(4):214-218
33. Extraction of amino acids from waste silk of spinning factory -----relationship between the time of hydrolysis and the content of amino acids. Zhu Xiangrui, Jiang Zhengdong. Amino Acids & Biotic Resources. 1995, 17(3):6-8
1. Zhejiang Sericulture annals. Zhejiang University Press 2004. Hangzhou
2. Guidebook of experiments for sericultural science. Chief editor: Miao Yungen. Zhejiang University Press, 2001, Hangzhou.
3. Handbook for silkworm rearing. Chief editor: Xu Junliang. China Agricultural University Press, 1999, Beijing.
4. Comprehensive Utilization of sericultural resources. Chief editor: Huang Ziran, Agriculture Press. 1991, Beijing.
5. Silk Yearbook of China. Silk Press, Beijing.
Course for Undergraduate
1. Multipurpose Utilization of Sericultural Resources
2. Sericultural Chemistry
Course for Master and doctoral students
1. Sericultural Resources
2. Advance on Sericulture and Apiculture
3. Biochemistry Engineering and Utilization of Bio-resources
4. Biochemical Medicine Manufacture
5. Computer Technique and its Utilizing in Agriculture